Why did God make you and all things?

Welcome to my journey of walking with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He has chosen a path for me filled with blessings, challenges and opportunities to trust Him above and beyond my imaginings. Here I hope to share much of what the Lord is teaching me as He works to refine me for His own Glory.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Trail of Prayers - Week 2

"Thou wilt make known to me the path of life; in They presence is fulness of joy; in they right hand there are pleasures forever."  Psalm 16:11

-----------------------------
Day 1 - Jan. 9

You will.  

You will make it known to me. And you will make it known to them. 

You will.  

I can rest in that. 

My hurriedness, my drive to control, to direct, to keep order - it's all a path to emptiness, destruction, futility, and regret.  

Life will not get better by me controlling it more.  That is not the path of life. 

Help me remember I am listening to You.  you know the thoughts and minds and hearts.  You have a right path.  You will make know the path of life. My work is to ask and follow. 

I don't have to be "good" at managing this home and life.  I don't need to prove anything. I don't need to meet a standard. 

I need to seek You and serve You.  

You.  My Great and Loving God.

I confess that the number of people and needs here overwhelms me. That when everything in me fights to take control, to run straight to my flesh. 

Help me. They are my work. They are my service.  

You will show me. 

Forgive me for living like You won't.  Forgive me for believing and acting as though I need to be God - You - each day.  Teach me to stop. To trust. To believe your promise...

"You will make known to me the path of life..."

...and in my learning, show my family that You will do the same for them. 

------------------------------------
Day 2 - Jan. 10

"the path of life..."

Cross references: 
Psalm 139:24  "...and lead me in the everlasting way..."

Matthew 7:14 "Fot the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it." 

Life.
Everlasting.
Few.

Is it presumptious for me to desire that the Many children you have born to us could ALL be counted among the Few that find the way to life? 

Maybe.  

But you have called me, like the widow before the judge, to plead their lives before You and cling to hope. 

Hope because You have reached into my unworthiness and let me find You. 

Hope becasue You are chipping away at my self-serving heart to learn the labors of prayer for their souls - and praying the power of your heart for Your people.

Hope because You have surrounded them with truth in countless ways - preaching, books, family worship, schooling, media; the seeds in their lives are abundant.

Hope because You surround them with people that know you, love You, speak life to them, pray for them. 

Statistically, no. My Many can't ALL be part of a Few.

Thank You that Your great work is for Your glory, not our own.  Rather than using statistics and numbers, You work in miracles and mysteries to shine forth Your complete holiness and Your worthiness to be exalted in every way. 

I will trust in that.

I will rest in being called to pray, hope, trust and live for Your own glory.

And I will spend my days believing that this is true for my Many as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in. Please leave a note and share your thoughts.